Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 06:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: Pittsburgh Journalist Fired Over Social Media Post  (Read 1647 times)

GradStdnt

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver, Agricultural Chemist, 1861-1943

Franco

Re: Pittsburgh Journalist Fired Over Social Media Post
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:54:47 AM »
Franco...is this making the headlines in Pittsburgh? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-station-fires-newswoman-over-black-on-black-crime-facebook-post-201135682.html

Yea it is gaining traction on other channels as you know, local channels hate reporting any news from the competition. This anchor had 18 years and although I didn't watch WTAE, I knew of her.

I wonder what would have happened if she posted it on her own FB page instead of the TV stations page?  At the end of the day perhaps she will achieve what she said in that although it is profiling and insensitive this segment of society needs help. Kids are killing kids everyday in the news and it is sad if we turn our backs on the future.
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

DanTexas

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »
She wasn't far off base as far as I can tell.
Every police officer would surmise the same thing.
But, oh, we must remain PC, right?
So, "Off with her head!"

Franco

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
She wasn't far off base as far as I can tell.
Every police officer would surmise the same thing.
But, oh, we must remain PC, right?
So, "Off with her head!"

Look at the mess in Chicago right now...cops aren't patrolling and profiling for fear of prosecution and violent crime is skyrocketing there.
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

GradStdnt

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »
Look at the mess in Chicago right now...cops aren't patrolling and profiling for fear of prosecution and violent crime is skyrocketing there.

Same here...Cleveland is a smaller City than Chicago, but we have had a surge lately as well.  I think we had 8 shootings over the last two weeks.  All inner city gang related and domestic violence.  Cleveland cops are now forced to follow the rules of the DOJ now, which one of the rules is when and what happens if you pull your weapon.  A cop is not going to respond to gunshots if they are limited on when to pull their weapons.  So they wait, until the smoke clears after the call and show up.  The kind of feel defenseless and everyone has the need to make it home to kiss their family good night.  Also, when you look at the statistics of fallen officers, just this year...it is alarming, 

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

Baltimore is experiencing the same thing.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver, Agricultural Chemist, 1861-1943

Franco

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »
Same here...Cleveland is a smaller City than Chicago, but we have had a surge lately as well.  I think we had 8 shootings over the last two weeks.  All inner city gang related and domestic violence.  Cleveland cops are now forced to follow the rules of the DOJ now, which one of the rules is when and what happens if you pull your weapon.  A cop is not going to respond to gunshots if they are limited on when to pull their weapons.  So they wait, until the smoke clears after the call and show up.  The kind of feel defenseless and everyone has the need to make it home to kiss their family good night.  Also, when you look at the statistics of fallen officers, just this year...it is alarming, 

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

Baltimore is experiencing the same thing.

When people see shootings and will not talk because of fear or retaliation from their neighbors and the cops, no wonder we are in this mess....

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15401
  • Total Topics: 965
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11