Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2017, 05:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: Pee with LGBT -- Ad Campaign lobbying against Texas Bathroom Bill  (Read 431 times)

emilynghiem

This ad campaign to say it by spraying it
came out in response to the proposed bathroom bill in TX:

'I pee with LGBT': Oscar-nominated director Richard Linklater directs ad against Texas bathroom bill | Politics | Dallas News

Ad Against Texas Bathroom Bill Encourages Everyone To 'Pee With LGBT' | The Huffington Post

TX has run into problems before with not recognizing anything other than birth certificate
gender. I believe the presiding law should preserve the existing/traditional male/female bathroom
segregation "but allow for exceptions" for transgender persons since this is a very tiny percentage.

In the future, businesses schools and other public facilities should include neutral or single stall facilities, and/or make that required if there is a segregation policy enforced. (Just like buildings may be required to ADD handicap ramps to their facades. Older buildings can be grandfathered such as with historical landmarks that this would cause problems for.)

What do you think?
Wouldn't neutral or single stall facilities solve the problem where NOBODY has to discuss much less change their beliefs or views because of other people. And govt doesn't need to step in at all.

Franco

Re: Pee with LGBT -- Ad Campaign lobbying against Texas Bathroom Bill
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »
I like the single stall one person deal....may never work in a large venue but should be available in schools...should be named LATRINE.

Unfortunately this would require a lock and therein lies a problem...kids, locked in latrines would be the next epidemic.
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

GradStdnt

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 04:24:27 AM »
I honestly could care less about this issue.  I don't mind TG's but I really would prefer no men in the bathroom.  They pee all over and wipe boogers on the wall.   ;D  Eventually we will have unisex bathrooms.  Stalls I could handle, but no gross urinals. I don't want to see their junk while walking past.  LOL 
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver, Agricultural Chemist, 1861-1943

Franco

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 05:27:27 AM »
I honestly could care less about this issue.  I don't mind TG's but I really would prefer no men in the bathroom.  They pee all over and wipe boogers on the wall.   ;D  Eventually we will have unisex bathrooms.  Stalls I could handle, but no gross urinals. I don't want to see their junk while walking past.  LOL

Ummmm it is VERY well know that men's bathrooms are MUCH cleaner than women's bathrooms...IDK what you guys do in there to make such a mess...lol  now why would you LOOK at a guy standing and peeing at the urinal?  see...by habit you couldn't resist!  lol
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Imajeenyus

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »
This is a non issue. Where the hell do you think TG people have been shitting and pissing all along? Another scare tactic by the right. Sheesh!!

Franco

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:51:12 AM »
This is a non issue. Where the hell do you think TG people have been shitting and pissing all along? Another scare tactic by the right. Sheesh!!

Scare tactic for what?  I guess I am not understanding...if you can or want to elaborate?  BTW, I agree with you and TBH I think they go in a bathroom that they most LOOK like rather than identify with and this probably applies more to a woman because a "butch" type that dresses like a guy can probably use either bathroom.  Personally, I could care less and don't make eye contact in most bathrooms to even know what they look like...lol

DanTexas

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:29:51 PM »
Non-issue.
It was a distraction when Obama did it and it is still a distraction from the real news of the day.
We, the family, watch our children very carefully. Other than that ... yea, WGAS?

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15323
  • Total Topics: 953
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13