Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: Navy Seal drug use  (Read 148 times)

Franco

Navy Seal drug use
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »
Saw this on CBS...the reach of drug abuse goes far and wide throughout even the elite of the military.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-seal-drug-use-staggering-investigation-finds/

GradStdnt

Re: Navy Seal drug use
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:47 PM »
Saw this on CBS...the reach of drug abuse goes far and wide throughout even the elite of the military.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-seal-drug-use-staggering-investigation-finds/

Wow this is a surprise, but yet it isn't.  I can see pills for pain or anxiety, but not drugs like cocaine.  SEALS are intriguing to me...highly trained warriors, mentally and physically.  I finally got to see the movie recently, The Lone Survivor and I just could not believe what a SEAL is trained to endure.   Marcus Luttrell is one badass SEAL.  If you like SEAL stuff, you must watch the new series Six on the History Channel.  It only had about 6 episodes...but their life was hard to imagine on a personal level as well as a professional level.  I can't imagine what haunts their brain. 

Franco

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:22 AM »
Wow this is a surprise, but yet it isn't.  I can see pills for pain or anxiety, but not drugs like cocaine.  SEALS are intriguing to me...highly trained warriors, mentally and physically.  I finally got to see the movie recently, The Lone Survivor and I just could not believe what a SEAL is trained to endure.   Marcus Luttrell is one badass SEAL.  If you like SEAL stuff, you must watch the new series Six on the History Channel.  It only had about 6 episodes...but their life was hard to imagine on a personal level as well as a professional level.  I can't imagine what haunts their brain.

Drug use spans every segment of society...

GradStdnt

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:00:41 PM »
Drug use spans every segment of society...

It does, but aren't these guys tested randomly?  That usually stops folks from using recreational drugs.  Would they be dismissed if they show a positive...for coke?   You would think the training that is involved for SEALS is something to consider. 

Franco

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:41:22 AM »
It does, but aren't these guys tested randomly?  That usually stops folks from using recreational drugs.  Would they be dismissed if they show a positive...for coke?   You would think the training that is involved for SEALS is something to consider.

Random testing is done more on troops stationed in non combat zones...no time for that elsewhere...remember, these are still kids for the most part.

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15039
  • Total Topics: 930
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7