Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 06:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: "Teach, your children well..."  (Read 2148 times)

Franco

"Teach, your children well..."
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:10 PM »
Sorry...not a CSN song...

This is for Grad...she won't admit it but every girl from Kentucky knows how to shoot a gun! lol

There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

GradStdnt

Re: "Teach, your children well..."
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Sorry...not a CSN song...

This is for Grad...she won't admit it but every girl from Kentucky knows how to shoot a gun! lol

I have shot lots of guns with my Dad....his Mag 57, Carbine semi automatic, 38 revolver, 45, 22, 25, etc.   He really, really tried to get me to warm up to them.  The part I hate, is how they jerk my hand..it goes right through me.  I don't like the noise, and just nervous around them.  The monkeys are gun owners and shoot all the time at the range right down the street from me.  My husband is begging for a 9mm and I think I will allow him to buy one...if he takes the classes for gun safety.  I have heard a 9mm is a soft touch and don't have the kick. 
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver, Agricultural Chemist, 1861-1943

Franco

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 08:38:32 PM »
I have shot lots of guns with my Dad....his Mag 57, Carbine semi automatic, 38 revolver, 45, 22, 25, etc.   He really, really tried to get me to warm up to them.  The part I hate, is how they jerk my hand..it goes right through me.  I don't like the noise, and just nervous around them.  The monkeys are gun owners and shoot all the time at the range right down the street from me.  My husband is begging for a 9mm and I think I will allow him to buy one...if he takes the classes for gun safety.  I have heard a 9mm is a soft touch and don't have the kick.

Awww... you are gonna be such a cute lil repub handing out Jeb flyers in your neighborhood!  Dan will really luv you nowz!  ;D ;D
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

GradStdnt

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:32 PM »

Awww... you are gonna be such a cute lil repub handing out Jeb flyers in your neighborhood!  Dan will really luv you nowz!  ;D ;D

Bull pucky!!  No way!!  I am neither a dem or repub...I don't vote anymore.  LOL.  This is the place where the monkeys hang out...they even have Date night on Fridays for couples.   :o

http://selectfiretrainingcenter.com/

This is the one he wants...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765668_-1_757954_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I have a little sticker shock at the price tho...since I am cheap.  LOL.  Big investment if he hates it.  I think he should go with a High Point working gun as a starter to see if he likes it.  I am not worried about him...he is as mellow as a kitten and just wants a new thing to play with.  He like I,  would never use this weapon against a human being or animal.  One of the monkeys competes at the State and National level for target shooting...that kind of turned on my husband since we are getting old and need a new sport. 

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

Franco

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
Bull pucky!!  No way!!  I am neither a dem or repub...I don't vote anymore.  LOL.  This is the place where the monkeys hang out...they even have Date night on Fridays for couples.   :o

http://selectfiretrainingcenter.com/

This is the one he wants...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765668_-1_757954_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I have a little sticker shock at the price tho...since I am cheap.  LOL.  Big investment if he hates it.  I think he should go with a High Point working gun as a starter to see if he likes it.  I am not worried about him...he is as mellow as a kitten and just wants a new thing to play with.  He like I,  would never use this weapon against a human being or animal.  One of the monkeys competes at the State and National level for target shooting...that kind of turned on my husband since we are getting old and need a new sport.

lol...sure, sure!  This is how they all start out...when you see a few dead rabbits and  pheasant in your sink one day, he will then tell you how pure and natural the food is and no hormones and garbage as in all store bought  meats...

Then before you know it, there is a deer hanging in your garage...lol

GradStdnt

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 04:44:25 AM »
lol...sure, sure!  This is how they all start out...when you see a few dead rabbits and  pheasant in your sink one day, he will then tell you how pure and natural the food is and no hormones and garbage as in all store bought  meats...

Then before you know it, there is a deer hanging in your garage...lol

No way Dude...we are both pretty picky eaters.  We prefer the GMO food that comes from the store...we don't like gamey tasting food.  Yuck!!  He can't even finish off a mouse!!  We caught one in a mouse trap and it did not die right away but was stuck in the trap.  We were freaking out about what to do...it was flopping all over the place.  We even had to call my Dad!!   :o   He just said he could not do it...and I had to dispatch it with a lawn chair cushion.   ???    I feed rabbits in the backyard...even my dog likes them and I feed deer. I wake up to about 15 rabbits every morning munching on food I leave for them.  I feed a lot of birds too.    I can't see him ever harming a living thing.  He isn't the type.  I am kind of surprised he wants a gun.  I watched my Dad and is buddy clean a deer once...I wanted to see if the organs were similar to human ones..LOL.  That was the grossest thing I ever witnessed...messy and disgusting.  What made it worse, the guy had two wolf hybrid dogs and he threw the carcass into the pen with them and there was absolutely nothing left of that deer after 1/2 hour.   :o    I would starve before I ate a rabbit... ;D

Franco

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »
No way Dude...we are both pretty picky eaters.  We prefer the GMO food that comes from the store...we don't like gamey tasting food.  Yuck!!  He can't even finish off a mouse!!  We caught one in a mouse trap and it did not die right away but was stuck in the trap.  We were freaking out about what to do...it was flopping all over the place.  We even had to call my Dad!!   :o   He just said he could not do it...and I had to dispatch it with a lawn chair cushion.   ???    I feed rabbits in the backyard...even my dog likes them and I feed deer. I wake up to about 15 rabbits every morning munching on food I leave for them.  I feed a lot of birds too.    I can't see him ever harming a living thing.  He isn't the type.  I am kind of surprised he wants a gun.  I watched my Dad and is buddy clean a deer once...I wanted to see if the organs were similar to human ones..LOL.  That was the grossest thing I ever witnessed...messy and disgusting.  What made it worse, the guy had two wolf hybrid dogs and he threw the carcass into the pen with them and there was absolutely nothing left of that deer after 1/2 hour.   :o    I would starve before I ate a rabbit... ;D

Yea, yea...wait until your hubby brings home "deer jerky" he tried at the gun club from the "guys".... then he will start to shoot exploding targets because the paper targets get boring....then you know what comes next! 

Before long, he will be out on night patrol like George Zimmerman...lol

GradStdnt

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 04:22:36 AM »
Yea, yea...wait until your hubby brings home "deer jerky" he tried at the gun club from the "guys".... then he will start to shoot exploding targets because the paper targets get boring....then you know what comes next! 

Before long, he will be out on night patrol like George Zimmerman...lol

Deer Jerky is nasty...and it stinks!!  A student brought some in to me and I forgot it in my desk and stunk out the whole teachers office!!  Yuck!!   If I allow this indulgence, he will NOT become a douche bag for I will relieve him of his new toy and give it to my Dad,   :P   I have already tried shaming him by calling him Ted Nugent Jr.  LOL.   ;D  Aren't you glad you didn't marry me?   ;D :-*

Franco

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »
Deer Jerky is nasty...and it stinks!!  A student brought some in to me and I forgot it in my desk and stunk out the whole teachers office!!  Yuck!!   If I allow this indulgence, he will NOT become a douche bag for I will relieve him of his new toy and give it to my Dad,   :P   I have already tried shaming him by calling him Ted Nugent Jr.  LOL.   ;D  Aren't you glad you didn't marry me?   ;D :-*

You are the first person I ever heard say that venison jerky is bad...It is dried, so how does it stink? lol  You can flavor it anyway you want, the same as any jerky.

Me thinks someone pissed in your desk as this seems to be a prevalent activity in Cleveland...lol

GradStdnt

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »
You are the first person I ever heard say that venison jerky is bad...It is dried, so how does it stink? lol  You can flavor it anyway you want, the same as any jerky.

No...this batch was nothing like beef jerky and it smelled ghastly.  I hid the bag of Deer Jerky in the criminal justice teacher office after I found it and it smelled up their office too!!   ;D

Me thinks someone pissed in your desk as this seems to be a prevalent activity in Cleveland...lol

Me thinks....LOL... ;D :P

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15401
  • Total Topics: 965
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0