Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2017, 01:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: Ten reasons why atheism is superior to religion  (Read 1220 times)

pladecalvo

America has a gun problem but it also has an IQ problem... and the second problem makes it very difficult to fix the first.

admin

• Administrator
Re: Ten reasons why atheism is superior to religion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »
You are a regular evangelist, my friend. ;)

pladecalvo

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:03:19 AM »
You are a regular evangelist, my friend. ;)
Somebody has to post something!
America has a gun problem but it also has an IQ problem... and the second problem makes it very difficult to fix the first.

emilynghiem

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 02:44:48 AM »
http://www.queen.clara.net/10.html

so the choices are
1. create a belief system around defining God to be something negative and rejecting that
2. believing in a definition of God that is something naturally existing and universal beneficial to all
3. or being neutral and allowing all people to believe as they will, including all and rejecting none

Wouldn't universalism be superior to taking either of the other two positions so that they mutually exclude each other?

Franco

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
so the choices are
1. create a belief system around defining God to be something negative and rejecting that
2. believing in a definition of God that is something naturally existing and universal beneficial to all
3. or being neutral and allowing all people to believe as they will, including all and rejecting none

Wouldn't universalism be superior to taking either of the other two positions so that they mutually exclude each other?

My goodness you have been a busy girl on here...lol

pladecalvo

DanTexas

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
Faith creates its own reality. One's personal observations also creates its own reality. The two realities are apparently never congruent.

Faith is something you either have or you do not. Finding the the movable border (or the battleground) between faith and observable reality has been my lifelong situation.

With my own objective and personally observed reality already at odds with many and most all of the traditional faiths I have wondered between the two poles of my own objective reality at one point and my traditional upbringing of faith at the other point for most of my life.

Probably the best way to explain to it to anyone that cares would be to define it with the ideas contained in two separate and distinctly different books that have had a profound impact on both my awareness and my everyday existence.

The first is a book by Trevor Howard called, "Faith Thinking: The Dynamics of Christian Theology."
The second book, and one closer to my own experiences is, "Adventures in the Afterlife" by William Buhlman.

My point here is not to argue or debate a position but to explain that many of us, when faced with the conflicts of life seek to find not just a comfortable position to exist or to explain the events in our lives; but to seek the truth of our own existence.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:55:19 PM by DanTexas »

pladecalvo

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 05:04:46 PM »
Yes. Pity he voted for Brexit.  ???

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15039
  • Total Topics: 930
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7