Political Blogs and Websites

News & Articles

Ads

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 06:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ads

Author Topic: Ultra Orthodox Jewish tradition  (Read 1578 times)

Franco

Ultra Orthodox Jewish tradition
« on: September 10, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
Is this "nucking Futs" or what!!!!

The New York City Board of Health voted on Wednesday to ease regulations on a controversial circumcision ritual practiced in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, fulfilling a priority of Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The vote repealed a Bloomberg-era rule requiring parents to sign a consent form before the ritual, which involves a person performing a circumcision, known as a mohel, to use his mouth to suck blood away from the incision on an infantís penis. The practice has been linked to herpes infections in infants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/nyregion/new-york-city-health-board-repeals-rule-on-consent-forms-for-circumcision-ritual.html?_r=0

Sorry, couldn't resist....I suppose they figured out how to replace the  Calamari when there is a shortage..... yikes!!!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:37:41 PM by Franco »
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

GradStdnt

Re: Ultra Orthodox Jewish tradition
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »
Is this "nucking Futs" or what!!!!

The New York City Board of Health voted on Wednesday to ease regulations on a controversial circumcision ritual practiced in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, fulfilling a priority of Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The vote repealed a Bloomberg-era rule requiring parents to sign a consent form before the ritual, which involves a person performing a circumcision, known as a mohel, to use his mouth to suck blood away from the incision on an infantís penis. The practice has been linked to herpes infections in infants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/nyregion/new-york-city-health-board-repeals-rule-on-consent-forms-for-circumcision-ritual.html?_r=0

Sorry, couldn't resist....I suppose they figured out how to replace the  Calamari when there is a shortage..... yikes!!!

Only you Captain...has the ability to associate foreskin to calamari!!  LMFAO!!  I always wondered about this practice.   :o   Is this done in their homes or synagoges?  How creepy...sucking the blood from a little tiny penis... :o   This needs to be performed by a doctor in a medical facility...you can have your celebration of the foreskin at a later date.  LOL.   
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver, Agricultural Chemist, 1861-1943

barbarap

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:49:55 PM »
I'm thinking we should not do circumcisions at all.

GradStdnt

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:29:27 PM »

I think, if possible, it should be done.  I had a friend who was the earthy sort back in the 80's and she did not circumcise her son.  It is a lot of work teaching them how to take care of it.  Her son developed a complication and had it removed when he was 13 and it was a ghastly procedure for him versus a infant, a couple of days old.  Then, I worked with a guy who was 26 back in the day, and he had his removed and missed a week of work and stated he thought he would die.  It think it should be done under medical supervision...the doctor does not suck or lick the blood away after the incision.  That is the most ignorant thing I have ever read...that it should even be considered blows my mind.   :o
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

keven

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »

Speak for yourself LOL......I've never missed what they trimmed off at birth  ??? I've also had quite a few women tell me they prefer guys who were cut  8)  Also studies show a higher rate of cervical cancer in women with uncut partners http://www.circinfo.net/cervical_cancer_in_female_partners_of_uncircumcised_men.html

Franco

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:38:15 PM »

I can't comment as I had no choice.... it is a big ritual for the Jews often done in the home.  I wonder who thought it up first...maybe in the far future when they find skeletons of women with saline bags...they will be just as confused...lol
There are only two days out of the year in which nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow..... Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Franco

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Speak for yourself LOL......I've never missed what they trimmed off at birth  ??? I've also had quite a few women tell me they prefer guys who were cut  8)  Also studies show a higher rate of cervical cancer in women with uncut partners http://www.circinfo.net/cervical_cancer_in_female_partners_of_uncircumcised_men.html

I think they realized this a long time ago as well where STD's were passed along. At least priests waited until you were 12 0r so to suck your circumcision...ok, I'm going to hell for sure.  ???

GradStdnt

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »

I have seen my fair share..medically, and rarely have I ran across a male who was uncut.  The few have been foreign men. 

Franco

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
I have seen my fair share..medically, and rarely have I ran across a male who was uncut.  The few have been foreign men.

Being a nurse, have you had the pleasure of cleaning smegma from under the hood?  :o 8) ;)

GradStdnt

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »
Being a nurse, have you had the pleasure of cleaning smegma from under the hood?  :o 8) ;)

There it is...LOL  OMG..... ;D ;D   That just made me laugh and a little nauseous. 

Franco

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
There it is...LOL  OMG..... ;D ;D   That just made me laugh and a little nauseous. 

Just think of Krusty the klown on the Simpson's...lol

Ads

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 15401
  • Total Topics: 965
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (December 08, 2016, 02:53:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7